Album3D is a digital DOOM-like photo album. It looks similar to your
personal virtual picture gallery, but it allows you not only
to see photos and other stills. Album3D can show you AVI
videos, Autodesk Animator FLI and FLC files, it can play
the .wav & .mp3 files and uses MIDI music files to add some beauty to
The users can walk in their galleries in real time. Album3D allows
you to link some of the images to an external documents, web sites
etc. This would be a good solution for many commercial, exhibition
and advertising environments.
Album3D Builder can be used with great success by hobbyists or family
photo album creators. After creation the maze can be sent to friends
or to customers as a standalone application, even in a single file.
It can be used at home as an image viewer, photo organizer and simple
The commercial companies, who needs an interactive preview of their
products, can create impressive cover CD's with Album3D. Just think about cars,
flowers, foods etc.
Unlike other virtual galleries, Album3D offers a free hand movement control
and allows you to show the movies and pictures you like in a fresh and
Album3D features include:
and many other
- AVI movies/ FLI, FLC animation support
- BMP/JPEG/TGA images support
- GIF transparency support
- MIDI & WAV & MP3 sound and volume control
- free movement in the maze
- web and local document links
- screenshots creation
- Intel Pentium 166 CPU
- Windows compatible soundcard
- SVGA video card, 256 colors or HiColors (15/16 bits)
- about 200 kbytes of HDD space for the engine itself
- Intel PII-400 CPU
- Windows compatible soundcard with wavetable MIDI
- SVGA AGP video card, 32 bits, 16 MB RAM
- 40 MB for complete Builder installation
Album3D does not require you (or your customers) to have VisualBasic
or VisualC++ runtimes installed, neither to have any specific DirectX version.
To view movies, your customers even do not have to install any video codec,
since you can play your movies from FLI/FLC files.
CPU power demand highly depends on media type you use. To
play a few FLIC animations (no AVI files) Pentium 166 is sufficient.
If you need (in addition to these) to play two and more AVI
videos simultaneously, be ready to dedicate at least a PII machine.
If your video adapter does not support Hi- and TrueColor, Album3D will
even run in dithered 256 colors video mode.
Album3D Builder is a try-before-buy software.
Unregistered trial version has a small logo (our company web site link)
placed over the screen. Also it has a few disabled options. In fact,
unregistered trial version can't
fit any commercial usage. Instead, you are allowed to
play with it at home, for yourself only. You're invited to replace
our sample pictures, photos and movies with yours and change our
pre-built maze the way you want.
The self-extracting setup (with both install and uninstall support)
contains a few sample image and movie files, working
Album3D engine and trial Builder.
Free download here
|Language of the .hlp file
||v1.7 Sep 29 2002
- 1.7 Now you can also run Win32 applications
simultaneously, and customize the self-extractor
- 1.6 Added Image Fine Tune wizard, MP3 files import, color depth changed
from 32K colors to 16M colors, added texture creation utility
- 1.5 Few "actions" added, multi-level gallery creation added. Now
the FLI/FLC animations can be of any size
- 1.4 External links feature added, all-in-one self extractor building added,
some minor bugs fixed (2000/XP related), also the Builder optionally installs
DivX slow motion codec required by sample DivX avi's
- 1.3 Builder released, setup package rebuilt
- 1.2 added another movement mode, fixed the crash running on Win2000
- 1.1 added GIF support with transparency, bitmap transparency styles and background waves
- 1.0 initial release
If you have some more questions, suggestions or ideas,
please contact us
Copyright 2000, 2012 AM Software